- To prepare required strategy and action plans in order to reach the determined goals of managed portfolios.
- To review medium-term strategy and action plans and to evaluate its results
- To devise new strategies
- To evaluate weekly economic and political developments
- To create recommendations and investment strategies to be forwarded to the customer, in regard to the investment advisory provided under contract
- To generate and follow the procedures of the performance evaluation of pension funds and portfolio managers
The Pension Funds’ assets, in contrast to its founder and director’s assets, are preserved under the protection of the Settlement and Custody Bank, which is the official settlement and custody bank of the ISE. In addition, in respect of the Capital Markets Board, the fund’s assets cannot be pledged, provided as a guarantee, or levied by third parties. That is, the protection of fund’s assets is guaranteed by law.
The account and operations in regard to the founder, director and custodian of Pension Funds are under the supervision of the CMB.
Pension Funds include different kinds of investment instruments such as treasury bonds, government bills, equity, and repo. Thus, the investor is protected against the risk pertaining to an investment instrument.
At Ak Asset Management, the internationally accepted standards in the fields of risk and internal control are in effect. At the first portfolio management company, Ak Asset risk management software is used to monitor the fund’s risks on a daily basis.
With the evaluations of limit and position (duration, concentration, liquidity limits, etc.), Stress Test and Sensitivity Analysis is conducted regularly.
In addition, Value at Risk (VAR) is measured and monitored by the risk management team. The coherence of the Funds with the rules specified by Ak Asset Management, in line with the relevant legislation, and with fund by-laws and prospectuses is overseen by the Internal Control Unit and regularly reported to the respective parties.
With a Pension Fund, the savings are evaluated according to the profile of large-scale investors. Thus, smaller savings benefit from the investment advantages of larger investors.